2023-10-30After a brief Hiatus since the last Issue in 2021, we are delighted to announce that the lonstanding Denning Law Journal is open once again for submissions! The Denning Law Journal is a high-quality, peer-refereed legal journal that publishes original articles that seek to promote the values cherished by Lord Denning. The next Issue will be published Spring/Summer 2024, so to ensure consideration for the Issue, please submit your article by 31st January 2024.
The Denning Law Journal is a general, peer-refereed legal journal that publishes original articles that seek to promote the values cherished by Lord Denning.
Editors: Dr Cynthia C. Umezulike and Dr. Obinna Christian Edeji
Vol. 32 No. 1 (2020)
The aim of the journal is to provide a forum for the widest discussion of issues arising in the common law world and the Commonwealth, and to embrace the wider global and international issues of contemporary concern.
Lord Denning recognised the importance of:
- developing the common law
- focusing on the development of law in Commonwealth jurisdictions
- the need for judicial and community recognition of the urgency of reform and modernization of law
- the need to preserve traditions of judicial independence, integrity, accountability and creativity
- reflecting upon the interplay of law and morality
- the role to be played by the state in the defence of the individual in the modern state
- international and comparative law
- protection and promotion of human and constitutional rights
- development of constitutional and administrative law
The Denning Law Journal strives to reflect these in its publication.
In addition to publishing articles, the journal and its website contain sections devoted to recent legislation and reports, to case analysis and book reviews.
Founded in 1985 and now published by the University of Buckingham Press The Denning Law Journal has an international editorial board.